Thursday, February 24, 2011

Home. This is an interesting word, which can have different meanings for different people. I've been inspired to write about "home" by two people in the past day. Firstly Tricia Karp, with her own story about home which I stumbled across yesterday here and also by my gorgeous friend Krin, whom I have known since forever.

As I mentioned, home means different things to different people, and at different phases of the journey of life. When we are young, "home" can refer to the place where you live, a dwelling. When we are at the end of our journey, "home" is where many feel they are going as they make their transition from this world and into the next.

For me the word home, goes beyond a dwelling place. I have lived in so many places since I finished high school, that "home" has become less of a locality, and more of a feeling. I often feel I'm "home"when I'm surrounded by trees, ocean and sunshine and even when I'm surrounded by the people I love, whether they be family or friends and also when I am doing something I love. It's a feeling that washes over me in many situations and locations. It is not restricted to one place, and cannot be limited. The feeling of "home" always comes from a place of love. Whether that be self-love, love for the surroundings or love for the people I'm with at the time. It's always taken in context of the situation at hand. Today, I am feeling a sense of home as I look out toward my yard, as I see the life in the fruit trees, the blossoming Lavender, with the sun shining in my window and sparkling off my sun catcher. I am reminded that all is how it should be. By carrying my home, in my heart, wherever I go, I can never be lost, as I always follow my heart and it always leads me "home".

John McLeod, was absolutely right:
If Home is where the heart is
Then may your Home be blessed
A shelter from the storms of Life
A place of rest,
And when each day is over
And toil put in its place
Your Home's dear warmth
Will bring its smile
To light the saddest face!

No comments:

Post a Comment